Monday, September 8, 2014

Pinky Paradise Circle Lens: Product Review II

Hey there, Killjoys!
I'm here to bring you another circle lens review from Pinky Paradise! I did a review for them awhile back that you can find HERE.
This particular pair that I received is called Princess Pinky Radience Hazel, and I chose this pair specifically for my Blake Belladonna cosplay.


Here is some info about the lenses:

-Diameter: 14.5 mm
-Water Content: 38%
-Base Curve: 8.6 mm
-Price: $28.90


They shipped within a day of ordering them. I was then sent a tracking number and my lenses arrived within a week.
They arrived in an envelope. The contacts were each in a separate vial. There was also a free cute lens case (this time they sent me a cute little piggy!), and a free gift for my hair.
Although the color of the lenses covered my dark eye, I had THE WORST time getting them in my eyes. Even after letting them soak overnight, I couldn't get them in for more than a few seconds without blinking them out every time. I finally got them to stay, however they were extremely uncomfortable and did not fit my eyes.
Though they are 14.5 like another pair of my lenses, they did not stay directly over my iris, and showed my natural color along one of the sides of the lens. This REALLY urks me because it makes it nearly impossibly to look like I am looking in one direction. Even when looking straight it looks like I'm looking up or to the side.
I don't think I would wear these for anything other than my Blake cosplay due to their lack of fitting and comfort. It's a shame because the color is gorgeous. I think it's just the brand that doesn't mesh with me. I've purchased other lenses from Pinky Paradise with literally no complaints. This was one of the more expensive pairs I own, and was overall not happy with the product.
I would still recommend Pinky Paradise to others but I suggest that you PLEASE look at the reviews and customer photos. I took a risk since this pair didn't have reviews or customer photos, but it was the most natural looking yellow/light brown I saw on their store with no prescription. (There was another pair I liked but they were out of the 0.00 prescription.)

Overall:

-Design: 3/5, they have a very plain design, but in a good way. It blended well with my brown eyes
-Color: 4/5, love the color. I think it looks really natural, even for a yellowish/hazel
-Enlargement: 3/5, I don't think they enlarged my eyes *that* much, but it's hard to tell since they didn't fit right.
-Comfort: 2/5, these are REALLY uncomfortable. They get 2 points though, 1 for not obscuring my vision, and 1 for not being so uncomfortable that I can't open my eyes
-Naturalness: 4/5, I think these look really natural for circle lenses. They don't have a black ring, and blend really well with my brown eyes. Not sure how they would look on someone with blue eyes though


I also did a review on my YouTube, so feel free to check that out as well.
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions below!

xo Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment