Monday, September 15, 2014

Creature Cult: Product Review

Hey Killjoys! It's time for another bad-ass fashion blog review!

Today I'm reviewing a US-based store called Creature Cult who sells bad-ass, but sexy accessories like garters, necklaces, and even some tops and dresses!
First off, I love the shipping packaging. It's pink and has the Creature Cult logo sticker on the bag. Shipping was relatively fast. She shipped from across the country, so I was very happy with the items arriving in a few days.
When I opened the bag, I was really happy with everything inside. All 3 of my items were in their own separate bags and not damaged whatsoever. She also included a hand-written note (with the store's logo), as well as a stack of Creature Cult business cards and stickers (which I plan on giving to my friends). I have a few friends that are into Japanese fashion and burlesque, who I know will LOVE these items!

First up! Is my personal favorite. It's called the Sacrificial Lamb Garter. I couldn't be any happier with how this looks. It's elastic and has spikes attached to it. There's also a pentagram hanging on it, which I LOVE. It does have some give and fits on my upper legs. I'm small, but muscular, so I think my thighs are pretty average. I would recommend that if you are a thicker individual, to let the store know before purchasing just to make sure she can make them bigger. It has hooks attached so I can attach it to a thigh high if I want, or just let it hang. I like both options! I'm a HUGE fan of wearing the single fashion garter, so I can't wait to incorporate these with future looks!

I know in some of the photos, the garter makes my leg look a bit chunky and squished, but for me, it's not uncomfortable or cutting off circulation. I had no problem with the tightness, and the garter didn't fall while I walked around, which is a major plus.
The next item is another garter. This one is called the Chi Garter. Same for the last garter, it's elastic and fits me well, but might not fit if you're thicker, so definitely make sure you send that as a note when you order it. This one also has spikes and a little heart in the middle.

Once again, the tightness was fine. This one, I found, fit me most comfortably right above the knee and didn't set as high as the Sacrificial Lamb garter. I think this one would be really cute to wear with knee high/right above the knee socks.
Last, but certainly not least is the Choke Me Till We're Back in the 90's Tattoo Choker. First off, let me say I'm a sucker for 90's apparel and I wore these necklaces ALL THE TIME growing up, so I had to get one! I originally thought I would receive this with a pentagram on it to match the garter, and then I realized there were several options available for the charm, so it was my bad for not realizing that. If you plan on getting this particular necklace, make sure you pick the charm you want in the "options" section. I believe the charms available are the pentagram, this tooth, and a UFO. Regardless of my own ordering mistake, I can't wait to rock this choker like it's 1997 all over again! It's extremely stretchy and should have no problem fitting on anyone who orders one.

All in all, Creature Cult is the perfect combination of goth, sexy, and 90's girl all in one. Even better is that every item shown here is $10 or less.

Make sure to check out their store! You can catch another review on Creature Cult on my YouTube channel! Don't forget to subscribe!

xo Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment