Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pinky Paradise Circle Lens: Product Review

Awhile back I did a video review on my YouTube for PinkyParadise Circle Lenses. So today I wanted to make a review for this page!


Pinky Paradise is the largest circle lens store out there, and they definitely don’t disappoint! Their website is easy to navigate as you can navigate it by color, size, brand, effect, prescription, and more. They are also really affordable, especially for the amazing quality they sell.

These were the very first pair of circle lenses I’ve ever owned. In the past I have worn colored contacts for various cosplays, but never circle lenses. The variety that Pinky Paradise offers is amazing, but it took me forever to decide on what pair I wanted to get. After deciding on what color I wanted (I wanted to get pink because I had a few cosplays coming up that needed pink lenses and I’ve also never owned a pair of pink lenses before), I started pulling up different brands and styles of pink lenses.


 A great feature is that almost all of the lenses have reviews and customer photos to show what the lenses looked like. I was really looking for a color that would pop on my dark brown eyes.

I finally decided on the Vassen Lollipop Pink circle lenses. The customer photos really seemed to show up well on darker eyes, and since it was my first pair of circle lenses, I was happy that they were a smaller diameter of 14.5 mm as opposed to a 15 or 16 mm lens.


I also opted to leave the prescription blank even though I do wear glasses. I’ve never owned prescription contacts before so I didn’t want to learn to adjust to both circle lenses AND prescription contacts.


 The order came in sooner than the expected delivery date, and came with this free contact lens case. Look at that cute little fishy!


I opened the lenses as soon as they arrived, cleaned them, and let them soak in the contact solution overnight (they recommend 8 hours).


I was ready to put in my circle lenses for the first time! They were much easier to put in my eye than I expected, and I had little to no trouble putting them in. I immediately saw the size difference, and the color popped exactly how I wanted it to.


What I really loved about the Vassen Lollipop series is that they have flecks of yellow in the color, which mixed really well with my natural color. Though, the pink is clearly not a natural color, it did remind me of an anime eye color without looking too monotone.


Once I had the second lens in, I gave my eyes a few minutes to adjust. I’m not going to lie, the first time I put them in my eyes, my eyes needed those few minutes to adjust. As soon as my eyes adjusted, I wore them for the remainder of the day and even forgot they were in my eyes until I got home. They were really comfortable once my eyes got used to them. Since then, I’ve worn them several times for entire days and con weekends.


Unlike other lenses I own, the pair from Pinky Paradise didn’t obscure my vision or move around my eye throughout the day. It was like they weren’t even there.


I highly recommend Pinky Paradise if you’re looking for circle lenses for cosplay, lolita, or just day to day wear. Their selection is beyond any other site I’ve seen, and they offer lots of deals, accessories, and more on their site.

Ibuki Mioda cosplay from DanganRonpa2
Ibuki Mioda cosplay from DanganRonpa2

Feel free to ask any questions!


Here’s the video review I did a few weeks ago:


No comments:

Post a Comment