Monday, July 21, 2014

Daily Style Post #1

I'm pretty excited! This is my first Daily Style Post on the blog! I hope this blog motivates me to dress up more often. Because of training/wrestling/etc, I spend A LOT more time in workout clothes than clothes to go out and about in.

At one point in time (especially when I worked in retail), I dressed up more often and got to show off my personal style, which tends to be a mix of punk, visual kei, and nerdy pieces.


I figured the best first style post would be with my most recent online shopping haul. First off, as much as I love buying name-brand Japanese clothing, it IS expensive, so I tend to fill my closet with lots of cute and inexpensive pieces for my closet. I am a HUGE advocate for buying cute, no-name, inexpensive clothing off of eBay and small online shops.

Though at times, I can be a bit of a name-brand snob, I also will buy knock-offs because well, to be honest, I find them cute and if I can get basically the same exact item for 1/4 of the name-brand cost, I will.

I wanted my first Daily Style post to be simple until I'm fully in the swing of this whole blog thing. I normally do links, but with eBay, I won't because they change so quickly, but I'll let you know how to search for it!


Looking at this outfit, you might be thinking "my poor wallet can't afford this!"

This game-boy style dress that most of you might recognize from Black Milk Clothing usually runs about $100. However, I found this dress in multiple colors on eBay for $12. For that price, I couldn't pass it up and ended up buying it in pink and teal. The downfall? The dresses are One Size Fits All...and let me tell you, one size does NOT fit all.

I'm pretty petite. About 5'1, 100lbs. This dress was really baggy and not a body-con dress like I hoped. However, about 30 minutes with a pair of scissors and a sewing machine made it fit PERFECTLY, so if you're tiny and don't mind a little DIY, I highly recommend searching for one of these bad boys on eBay. Search for "gameboy dress"


The spikey headband was also from eBay for about $5 after shipping. It's really comfortable and was on an elastic band as opposed to a hard headband. For this, I just searched for "spiked headband"

The necklace surprisingly cost more than the dress and headband combined. It's a Sexpot Revenge chain in hot pink based off of the anime Nana. I managed to find this one on CDjapan, but I believe Tokyo Rebel has them as well.


Last, but certainly not least are these Y.R.U. platform sneakers in black. While there are knock-offs for these, I happened to find these on Hot Topic's website while they were having a 20% off sale plus my 10% off coupon I had from them, which made these usually priced $100+ shoes around $60 after shipping. I noticed that while most stores have these shoes for $100-150, Hot Topic had them for about $80. I did find these slightly used on ebay for around $40-60, but didn't mind spending a few extra dollars for them brand new.

I love love LOVE platform shoes. This probably stems from my height only being 5'1, but they also remind me of the Spice Girls...paired with this dress, maybe I could be Nerdy Spice? Eh? Eh? No? Okay...

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them! Don't forget, you can always find me on FB and YouTube!

xo Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment