Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dark Sea Designs: Product Review

The first review on my blog! I’m not gonna lie, I’m pretty excited =D

I figured the best way to start off a new blog would be with a brand new designer. Ready for this? Drumroll, please! Let me introduce to you, Dark Sea Designs!

Dark Sea Designs started designing his own clothes this year. I’m really impressed with how well his work is for only designing and sewing for a few months now.

The style of Dark Sea Designs reminds me much of my own closet by combining various Japanese street fashion genres including visual kei, fairy kei, and variations of Lolita.


The first pieces I'm reviewing are a grey and black asymmetrical tunic and armband (they come together as a set). I’m only 5’2, so the tunic covers me like a dress. However, on someone taller, it would probably fit like an actual top/tunic. The top underneath is just a random tank top from my closet. 

I absolutely love the armband; it's adjustable, which is a plus! The arm piece has several layers to it, which gives it a bit of a creepy mummy look to it (that's a good thing to me, by the way). Both the tunic and the armband are made of a gauze/mesh material and are hand burned, so no two Dark Sea Designs item are exactly the same. 



The second piece of Dark Sea Designs I’ll be reviewing are these detailed pastel shorts. The first day I wore them, I paired them with a fashion top from Too Fast Apparel, knee high socks, and my creepers.

Once again, I love that no two of this item will be the same. Each pair is hand dyed and painted, also there are spikes along the side of the one leg. I actually really love that these shorts aren’t low rise. The only downfall to the higher waste band is that I have a tiny waist, so I’ll have to find a cute belt to wear with these lovely shorts ^-^



The third and final item that I’ll be reviewing will be their white and neon colored cut-sew tank top. I love anything cut-sew, it always catches my eye. I think the cat face and sea horse are really cute, and I feel like I don’t see many sea horses on clothing. The straps dangling around the top are made of the same cloth that the shirt is. There’s also a chain/safety pin brooch-looking detail on the chest. I’m a fan of chains and safety pins. I blame my punk years =P

I could (and most likely will) pair the cut-sew tank top with the pastel shorts in the future. They seem like such a cute combo!

As of right now, Dark Sea Designs only has a Facebook, however, once their store is up, I’ll edit this review and post the link. I definitely foresee Dark Sea Designs being an up and coming designer with big things in their future. 


I wish them the best of luck with their upcoming work and hope to model and review more of their designs in the future ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment